The firm's attorneys have litigated and given advice on a variety of government contracts matters. John Ralls has represented clients before various federal boards of contract appeals and has represented contractors in trials against agencies of the federal government in Hawaii, California, Nevada, and Washington DC. Sam Niece is a former contracting officer and has used his experience in a variety of litigation and transactional matters arising out of projects administered and funded by the federal government. Aaron Gruber has litigated multiple cases involving claims under the FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulation). The firm's attorneys have also represented a host of state and local public entities, including public university systems, cities, and special districts and authorities as well as private contractors with claims against state agencies, cities, counties, and transportation authorities.
- Tried a termination for convenience claim governed by the Federal Acquisition Regulation.
- Litigated a multi-million dollar differing site condition and delay claim for a private contractor against
- Tried a complex delay claim before a contract arising out of a military airport expansion.
- Represented the general contractor on a high rise federal office building in California, prosecuting a $50 million delay and disruption claim against the government and defending multiple subcontractor lawsuits.
- Tried on behalf of a design-build contractor a design delay claim arising out of a munitions maintenance facility for the U.S. Air Force. See Appeal of ADT Construction Group, Inc., 09-2 BCA 34,200 (ASBCA 2009).
- Represented municipal utility in contract drafting and negotiation and resolution of bid protests and contractor claims on new combined-cycle electric power plant.
- Represented contractor in litigation at United States Court of Federal Claims following adverse decision by General Services Administration contracting officer.
- Represented contractor in bid protest to General Accountability Office.
- Represented contractor in negotiating final indirect overhead rates under Federal Acquisition Regulation cost principles.
- Advised local transit district on privatization project.